Help make solar more accessible and affordable in D.C.!
How to get involved
- Sign up for our action alerts or join the listserv and connect with other solar enthusiasts in the District.
- Check out our DC SUN Volunteer Handbook to learn about our structure and how YOU fit in to the organization.
- Attend a neighborhood solar co-op meeting or, if there isn’t a co-op in your neighborhood, help start one.
- Help organize an event in your neighborhood to help spread the word about solar energy.
- Get involved supporting our ongoing policy efforts.
- Organize a group of nonprofits or small businesses to do a nonprofit bulk purchase.
- Help your school or church go soalr.
- Build a community solar project.
We are dedicated to an open and transparent and vibrant solar market. We applaud companies that are based in DC and strongly encourage our members to work with companies that employ DC residents.
While we don’t pick preferred installers, we’re happy to get to know you and share our knowledge of your company with our membership. Contact us and let us know more about your company.
We periodically issue RFPs on behalf of DC SUN members. If you would like to be notified about upcoming RFPs, sign up here.
We also periodically conduct evaluations of consumer experiences with installers, and share that info with our membership. Our members freely share their experiences on our listserv. We also often will share bids in order to promote transparency in the market place. We encourage you to join the listserv and help answer questions and share information related to solar installations. We ask, though, that you refrain from advertising on the list.